Last month I hosted a giveaway to thank all of my awesome followers, and got such an overwhelming response! I really had fun putting this DIY kit together, so I’m definitely thinking of doing more in the future. ♥
So congrats to the winner (chosen randomly through Rafflecopter), Justine Leavell! ! I’ll email you shortly to get your shipping info. :]
Thanks again to everyone who entered, I had a blast reading your entries! ♥ ♥ ♥
A week ago I asked you guys what you’d like in a giveaway from me when I reached 5,000 followers: fashion/beauty items or DIY items. The response was overwhelmingly DIY, so here it is!
From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone who follows my blog and gives me support. When I posted the Pokébra a few years ago, I pretty much had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Now, after continued involvement with this community of fellow DIYers, fashionistas, and bloggers, I feel like I have a little more direction (don’t get me wrong, I’ve by no means figured my entire life out, haha. ;p )
I’ve realized is that I love being able to share my projects, get inspired by projects that other bloggers post, and once in awhile even get the opportunity to help people with their DIY projects. So this giveaway is for a DIY Sewing Kit of some of my favorite DIY tools. :]
What’s in the Kit:
None of these items are sponsored, and all of them are provided by me. :] If you win, please be sure to exercise caution when using the sharp or pointed objects in this kit, and do not let young children handle them!
- Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt: This book is actually from my personal collection. It was my absolute favorite DIY book in highschool, and I want to pass it on to someone who can give it new purpose. ♥
- The Sewing Answer Book: Full of super useful tips to solve almost any sewing problem.
- Fiskars Easy Action 2-Piece Cutting Set: My absolute personal favorite scissors to use. Very comfortable, not too heavy, and have springs to keep your hand from getting overworked. I hold the belief that a good pair of scissors, designated just for fabric, is the most important tool for DIY fashion. The smaller pair make a nice thread cutter.
- Purple 60” (152.cm) Measuring Tape
- Dritz Blue Dressmaker’s Marking Pencil: Best tool to use when you want to mark something before cutting, or marking the placement of something on fabric.
- Dritz Pink Tomato Pin Cushion: Such a cute color, haha~
- Singer Metallic Safety Pins (35 ct, various sizes): I always keep safety pins in my sewing kit since they come in handy for so many things. I even carry around safety pins in my purse when I’m cosplaying, just in case something falls apart. :]
- Dritz Pastel Color Ball Pins (80 ct): Super lovely shades, I had to include these. :]
How to Enter:
I decided to host the giveaway with Rafflecopter so that all of my followers have a chance to enter, whether they use Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, etc (in the past I held them only through Tumblr reblogs and not everyone was able to participate).
When I hit 5000 followers I want to do a giveaway! What should be in it?
I’m actually not sure whether more of you follow me for my fashion/style posts, or for my DIY related posts. :o
So it’s between a fashion/beauty themed giveaway, or a DIY themed giveaway (I have ideas for both!) Which would you guys prefer? :D
So, these past few weeks I’ve been secretly busy on a new project… trying to perfect these holographic baseball caps. :D
Making baseball caps turned out to be as challenging as I expected, haha. I’ve broken a ton of needles so far, and have done a bunch of tests to try and figure out the perfect materials and hat shape. But it was worth it. I’m so happy with how the final one turned out!~
I’ll be taking photos of the hats tomorrow, and they’ll hopefully be up for sale in my clothing store, Lunar Descent, soon after that. :]
And don’t forget, there are only a couple of days left before the Lunar Descent Instagram Giveaway ends (more details here) and the winner is chosen!
I’ve been so genuinely happy working on Lunar Descent since it officially launched at the beginning of the year. Thanks everyone for your support and friendship online~ ♥
My new clothing line Lunar Descent is officially open, and I’m hosting a giveaway on Instagram to celebrate!
How to enter: All you have to do is follow @LunarDescent on Instagram, repost the above photo and tag #LunarDescent in the description.
(p.s. Don’t worry if you don’t have instagram; the next giveaway will be on facebook! :] )